Friday, January 14, 2011

"Money for Nothing" - Edmonton radio station says no to censorship

Further to my post from yesterday...

Hurray for radio stations like K-97 in Edmonton. I hope they are not the only ones taking this stand.

Edmonton radio station says no to censorship

Canada is succeeding in ensuring we are the laughing-stock of the entire planet. Anyone who has ever heard me say that I am NOT proud to be a Canadian - here is a prime example of why I say that, and mean it today more than ever. I love the people who live here (except most in Toronto, but the rest? xoxoxox!!!) but I hate the politics of Canada, and what they have the power to do to us.

For God's sake!! It's been airing for *T*W*E*N*T*Y*-*F*I*V*E* *Y*E*A*R*S!!!! Are they only getting around to censoring the mid-80's NOW???? Too friggin' stupid to be believed.

Elton John (who, unless you've been under a rock for the past 40 years, you know is openly gay) has actually sung the song himself. You'll see that in the link posted above.

This is crazy, utter madness, and I hope it marks the beginning of the end of the powers of such bodies as the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council and the CRTC in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!