Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My time is not my own...

I am very sad and disappointed that I am not able to post here as often as I'd like.

I've come to the realization that SERIOUS bloggers are people for whom this is a primary employment, not something that they just like to do when they can.

Writing posts for blogs - for me - is and has been a labor of love, but one which took a considerable amount of time. Some bloggers post a comment here and there, many times a day in some cases, but my 'style', as it turns out, was to post essays for the most part. To do that requires a lot of time and thought, and passion for the topic at hand. I had no idea what my blogging style was until I got into this!

There are many days when I've thought, "gee, this is a topic I could really get my teeth into", but at the end of the day, there just was not the time to do it.

Just for starters... I'd LOVE to be posting a Mixmaster Monday all about my sister's and my evening out at Raymond's last week, but to do that topic justice is impossible at 1 a.m.

On the Drudge Report website today, there was an article about federally-mandated lightbulbs in the US costing $50. That's just screaming out for me to abuse!!!

They had another article posted, too, about Jerry Lewis giving up the Muscular Dystrophy marathon. I have thoughts about that, too, that I would love to write, but cannot.

Anyway, I feel like I've really let myself down with this. I'm not giving up, no way, but I cannot be here as often as I'd like - which would be every day if it PAID!!!

So... for those who have stopped by from time to time, commented or just lurked, thank you very, very much!! I will be back as time allows, but for the moment, time is not allowing very much, at all. I hope that changes.

And, it's never too late for me to post about that dinner at Raymond's. I won't be forgetting THAT very soon!!!

Stay tuned... I'll be back...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!