Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Well, I am insanely happy as a pig in clover tonight!!! For my birthday, my Dad and my sister Alice gave me two tickets to see Chris de Burgh in May, so of course, Alice and I will be at Mile One to see him, best seats in the house. The concert tour is called "Moonfleet & Other Stories". 

Back when I used to write here regularly, I wrote a post about giving my sister the CdeB CD "Moonfleet & Other Stories" for her birthday. I then wrote another post, in which I included a link from CdeB's website, where he describes the "Moonfleet" album and tour.

Here and here are the two previous posts from my blog, all about this WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL album. I hadn't even heard the album myself when I wrote these, but I have since heard it a million times, and it is pure magic.

One day, I picked up my (then) 20 year old nephew, Greg, from CONA to drive home, and I put on the CD. Well, instead of going to his house, we ended up driving through Quidi Vidi Village, up Signal Hill, and out to Cape Spear and back, just so we both could listen to the whole thing. He hadn't read the book, but loved the CD.

So, if you are a Chris de Burgh fan, and love his storytelling, this is a CD not to be missed, and a concert that will be equally wonderful, I have no doubt about it.

Thanks, Dad & Alice, for the perfect present!!! I am so delighted!!!

.

2 comments:

  1. I saw Chris de Burgh in concert at Memorial Stadium in the 80's. He put off one hell of a concert. Be sure to let us know how he is this time around. I'm sure he will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie!! Yes, I saw him too, it was the "Man on the Line" tour I saw, and it was fabulous! This new album is really great, too. I imagine he will sing some of his old hits, but I hope he does a lot from "Moonfleet". It's such a wonderful CD and story, and he's a great storyteller.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!