Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Transatlantic Tow 2006, Day 10

Sunday, July 2nd, 2006

Hello again!

ll continues to go very well on our trip across the briny blue.

I was out taking more photos today, just of people out and about. Apparently, I missed a good lightning storm behind us. It's very warm and humid today, so I'm not surprised there was thunder and lightning.

Later this afternoon, we had our usual weekly emergency drill, followed by a Town Hall meeting, where the Captain gave us all information about what is going to happen once we arrive near the Port of Rotterdam. I had to give a presentation at this meeting, too, in front of 119 people, all about the medical services that will be available over there. It's a good thing I'm not shy! AND it's a good thing I was forewarned.

The b'ys in the galley for the town hall meeting.

As everyone left the Dining Room, we were all issued with a beautiful certificate commemorating our trans-Atlantic voyage from Conception Bay to Rotterdam. It was done by our Radio Operator, who is a pretty talented guy when it comes to stuff like this, and it's just beautiful. I had the Captain sign and stamp it, and then I took a picture of it to send. Unfortunately, I had to return the cable earlier that allows me to download photos from my camera to the computer (I forgot my own!), and I haven't been able to get it back yet, so hopefully I'll be able to send it tomorrow.

Tonight, there is a bingo game being held in the Dining Room. Free to play bingo, and $1 each for tickets for an 80/20 draw. The Accommodations Coordinator (Chief Steward) has been making PA announcements all day, reminding everyone of the "humungus, really, really, big Bingo in the Dining Room with gigantic prizes!" They usually give away pretty nice stuff. Not that I'D know... I've been playing bingo here for 5 years and haven't won once! I've won the 80/20 draw, but I've never bawled out "BINGO". It's really getting me down. Maybe tonight is my night!!!

Well, I've got to go get my supper and warm up my bingo dabber, so here are today's maps for you. Notice that there's a new one, a close up of the English Channel. Pretty cool!

I'll be in touch tomorrow, so don't go away!

Love and kisses to all,

Margaret





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!