Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Consecutive posts - 107, consecutive days - 86

Well, yesterday was the first day since I started this blog that I didn't post something. I feel like Cal Ripken Jr., after he ended his record for the most consecutive games played in major league baseball (2131 games). It was bound to happen eventually, and now it has. Although I feel a like I've let myself down a little, I actually feel a bit of relief, too, that now the pressure is off. It's amazing how much pressure one can put on oneself when trying to keep up something like this, every single day.

I gave it a lot of thought yesterday, tried to come up with something I could natter on about for a bit, but my river of inspiration had completely run dry. I worked from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., came home, shovelled a bit of the driveway so Dad could get in here unimpeded, cooked supper, then had to be in bed early to get up this morning to be at work for 6 a.m. That does not give a person a whole lot of 'creativity' time!!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, too. I have to work at 6 a.m., take Dad to a doctor's appointment at 1.30 p.m., get him home so he can see the end of the Yankees afternoon game, then come home, cook supper, and watch last Sunday's 2 1/2 hour episode of Coronation Street with Dad and Alice. Not a lot of rant / roar time there, either.

But... I will do my best to come here daily, to vent about something! I think it'll be a bit easier to do when I start working 12-hour shifts; certainly it'll be easier to do during my days off, which will be a little more frequent than they are at the moment. Eight hour shifts, especially seven of them in a row, are brutal. Hopefully, I'll be done with them within the next month or two... fingers crossed...

So, faithful reader(s), stay tuned!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!