Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Close encounter of the moose kind - but I'm no Patricia Regular!

I was hauling my tired butt to work at 5.30 a.m. today, cruisin' across the Crosstown Arterial, when what to my wondering eyes did appear but a galloping horse.

No WAIT!!! It was a MOOSE! Clippety-clop, clippety-clop, right through the intersection of the Crosstown Arterial and Old Pennywell Road. If he'd been another couple of hours later, there'd have been whacks of moose stew cooking up tonight! (T'would be a nice change from turkey, gotta say...)

Well, I saw the moose in time, thank God, and slowed right down to avoid him. It's getting quite a bit lighter at that hour of the morning, these days. Had it been much darker, I might not have seen him, and I could have had an extra passenger in the front seat with me if I wasn't paying attention.

I'm particularly happy that I am not as dangerously dumb as this broad from Conception Bay North. Remember her?!?! She's like a one-person moose-culling machine.

But, there's the rub... even for those of us with legendary lead feet when it comes to speeding, it's all about keeping your eyes on the road and paying attention. No fence on earth would have saved me if I hadn't been paying attention.

I hope my little moose-friend found his way back into the woods, and I hope he knows to stay away from the Hr. Grace / Clarke's Beach area!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!