Thursday, April 28, 2011

The day before the wedding...

Well, the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is tomorrow. I'd give anything to be able to stay home and watch it, but, as the old saying goes, "I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go". Sigh.


The rehearsals have all been done, the security is being tightened up, the royal watchers are congregating along the route. There's nothing left but the event itself!

I've been watching TV this morning, and it is all that's being talked about, but it's all just speculation - no one has any idea what will happen tomorrow. I'm not interested in hearing what the dress might be like, or whether she might have a long train or a long veil instead.

I did find, however, two articles on the New York Daily News website that I thought were worth reading, in the days leading up to the big event.

The first one is about Kate Middleton's parents, Carole and Michael, meeting the Queen for the first time at a lunch last Wednesday.


I have to wonder why it was left so long? I guess the Queen wanted to make sure the thing was actually going to happen. No point meeting commoners unnecessarily, is there?

The second article I found is about William and Kate going to visit Diana's grave in the week before the wedding.

What a wonderful thing to do. What impressed me even more is that there was not a huge media 'thing' made of this, just an article among many, many other stories.

I try to imagine the unimaginable, like how Kate must be feeling today. I somehow believe that she knows more about what she's getting into, and the man she's about to marry, and about his feelings for her, than her late mother-in-law did on the day before her own wedding. 

I hope that tomorrow is perfect for them, and that everyone, the throngs of royal watchers included, has a safe and wonderful and memorable day. I wish I could be there. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!