Monday, April 4, 2011

Mixmaster Monday

Welcome to this week's edition of Mixmaster Monday!!


I am in the process today of planning a wine and cheese party for a few friends for this coming Saturday night.

The invitations have been sent, and now all that's left is to pick up some wine and the food, and to clean my house sometime this week!

I hosted a wine tasting party once before, which was a lot of fun. Each guest was asked to bring a wine from a country of their choice, and to tell a little about that country. Then, each guest would have a sample of the wine, and grade it on a very informal, non-scientific scale.

I'm going to do the same for this party, too, minus the geography lesson, unless someone feels the urge. It started out as a wine and cheese movie night, and that's what it's going to be, with a little wine tasting between scenes.

At the first one I hosted, one of the guests brought a funny score sheet for wine tasting. I've been trying to find one like it online, but it seems that wine tasters are really a bunch of humorless snobs, so I'm either going to have to dig deeper, or come up with one of my own.

The Food Network had a show on the other day featuring wine and cheese parties. It was an episode of Ricardo & Friends. He made a couple of jams, which he said are all the rage now for having with cheese. I won't be going down that road just yet. I'm going to be putting more emphasis on the wine vs the cheese!

So, that's where my culinary thoughts are roaming around this week. Brie, Gouda, Cheddar, Stilton, Blue, and so on... I'm so looking forward to this!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!