Thursday, February 10, 2011

The King's Speech - rooting for a winner!

I haven’t watched the Academy Awards in years and years and years. I haven’t been to a movie since Titanic, so most of the movies featured are not ones I’ve seen, hence I have no interest. And, with so many actors making the Academy Awards a platform for preaching their particular political garbage, who can stomach that? Why should I give them that attention? Their opinions on politics are no more (or less) valid than mine, but I don’t get a platform of millions of people to proselytize to, do I? No. So, normally, I don’t watch.

This year, however, will be different!

This year, Colin Firth will be there, nominated for Best Actor, and by God, he’s going to win!!!

Even the Queen is backing our boy, so how can he not win? Read this article from the UK's Daily Mail for details. Ohhhh, I can see a knighthood in Mr. Darcy's future!

I haven't even seen the movie yet, myself, but I just know it's going to be wonderful.

And, if he wins, that means I'll have to watch the Academy Awards again next year, because whoever wins Best Actor then presents the next year's Best Actress award. You just can not get too much Colin Firth.

I'm sure I'll post more when I actually see the movie, but for now, I'll leave it at that.

BUT... not before pointing out a bit of trivia that I learned about this movie just the other day.

In The King's Speech, King George VI (played by CF xoxoxox) has a speech therapist. The actress who plays the speech therapist's wife is... wait for it... Jennifer Ehle, who played Miss Elizabeth Bennett in Pride & Prejudice!!! Awesome!!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!