Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February!!

Happy February!

I must confess, I am not one of those people who pronounce both of the 'r'-s in February. I just find it too awkward to get my tongue around. So, I try to say it as little as possible, so as not to embarrass myself in front of my linguistic superiors.

December is also one of those months that seems to get abused linguistically. Some people insist on pronouncing the 'c' like a 'z', so you get this kind of car-revving "D'zzzzzember" thing going. That's really stupid. December, unlike February, is not hard to say! And God went to a whole lot of trouble to create a 'c' sound that is different from a 'z' sound, and to have December spelled with a 'c'. I respect that. In fact, I respect it so much that I might even be more willing in future to make the effort with the two 'r'-s in February.

Anyway, I'll say it again, "Happy February!" See? I said it right that time!! :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!