Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixmaster Monday

YIKES!!!!

I almost forgot that today is Mixmaster Monday!


The truth of the matter is that I was less focused on Mixmastering today than I was on being sick and starting my kinda new job (same job, different site). So, between the jigs and the reels, I neglected to come up with something for today.

Woe is me!

Well, I did come across a recipe today that caught my eye, and my Pavlovian response kicked in, which is a good sign, so even though I haven't tried this myself, yet, I'm going to share it with you.

It is a ridiculously easy recipe I saw on the Food Network, on the show "5 Ingredient Fix". If I had a couple of bananas in the house, I'd try it right now, but it will have to wait, dammit!!!

I am choosing this recipe to spotlight today, because I have eaten a whack of ice cream over the past few days due to my sore throat, and this sounded like a nice change from vanilla.

Here it is...

Peanut Butter and Nanner Ice Cream

(The 'nanner' really is in the name of the recipe. That ain't my twist on the theme, I promise.)

Ingredients:

2 - 3 ripe bananas
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 - 2 tbsp honey

Instructions:

1 - Cut the bananas into 1-inch pieces and freeze.

2 - Put the frozen bananas in a food processor and puree, scraping down the sides occasionally until smooth.

Now, missus on TV said you can stop right here, and you then have banana ice cream, which she said (and I believe) tastes wonderful. However, she did decide to forge on, and add the other two ingredients...

3 - Add the peanut butter and honey, and puree.

4 - Serve immediately, or refreeze until ready to enjoy.

My God, it doesn't get much easier than this! Bananas and peanut butter really do work well together.

She added a few thin slices of banana to the top for garnish. It looked really nice. She says the yield is 2 - 4 servings. I'm thinking it's a generous helping for 1, but that's just my gluttonous nature and my current hunger talking.

Until next week, then, when I hope to be on time and not as sick and forgetful as I was today!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!