Monday, March 21, 2011

St. John's as seen by "Republic of Doyle"

I am still sick as a dog, with a throat that feels like it's been cut and aching muscles and joints making me feel like I'm 90, not 50. The whining, as you can see, continues...

I've not been in this temporary position long enough to have accumulated any sick leave, and seeing as how I haven't had to take a sick day since 1995, I am not eager to go that route, anyway.

Add to that the fact that I am doing a week at the Health Sciences starting today, learning about dialyzing patients in the ICU, well... it's a bad day in the making.

Then, on top of that, I woke up at 3:30 a.m., without having anything ready to post here before I go to work. That was keeping me awake, so here I am, at 4:30 a.m., trying to put my OCD, if not myself, to bed.

I came across this link, below, both on the CBC website as well as on Facebook over the past few days. It's a video of the scenes of St. John's that were filmed for the TV series "Republic of Doyle" and set to the The Fables' song, "St. John's". It's really very good, and as I am a great lover of anything having to do with Newfoundland, St. John's and / or "Republic of Doyle", I thought this would make a good post today. It's cheery and chipper, two things I am not. Maybe its magic will rub off!!

So without further ado... The Fables, and St. John's, as seen by "Republic of Doyle"!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!