Thursday, March 24, 2011

This global warming nonsense has NOT resulted in no snow in Nfld in March. Get over it.

I really thought I was going to have my first non-post day today. I could think of NOTHING to get all caught up in the throat about, until I got home and had a look at Facebook.

WHY-WHY-WHY are people coming all unglued about the 25cm of snow forecast for tomorrow??? It will be March 25th. It snows in Newfoundland in March. This is a well-known fact over the past however number of millenia there have been. Not only that, but it snows in April, AND... it snows in May. Sometimes it even snows in June.

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!! SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!

There was a guy from AMEC on NTV news at the end of February (that's who gives them their weather forecasts), stating with all his authority that the long term forecast for Newfoundland was indicating that the last storm in February was probably going to be the last major snow event for this winter.

My gin and tonic spurted out of my nose at that RIDICULOUS assertion. Absolutely insanely stupidly false assertion. He should have been fired right there and then. 

Where the hell was this guy from? He must have been from Florida somewhere. It was the biggest pile of hooey to ever be broadcast on the NTV news, and that's saying something. (Almost as bad as their "Today in History" segment last week, where Jim Furlong said that the Signal Hill noonday gun ENDED in 1942. Now there's a pile of crap for you. I'd hear it, and see the puff of smoke from it, every day when I was walking home from school for lunch, and that was the late 1960's. Jim's stash must have been particular potent that week.)

Anyway, I'm getting really bored and annoyed with people who are all astonished that there is snow IN MARCH IN NEWFOUNDLAND!!!! Yes, people, and the sun comes up in the morning, and goes down in the evening. That's as guaranteed as having snow in Newfoundland in March.

GIVE YOURSELF A SMACK UPSIDE THE HEAD, AND COME BACK TO EARTH WITH THE REST OF US!!!!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!