Monday, March 28, 2011

Mixmaster Monday

Welcome back to Mixmaster Monday!!


I actually brought my camera to my sister's yesterday, fully intending to get a photo of the genuine Mixmaster, but Happy Hour intervened, and then I forgot. You know how it is...

:-)

This week, I'm mimicking Sharon Snow's "Places to Go" segment from the NTV Evening News. I'm featuring Chef To Go, a local company that, among other things, offers cooking courses of all kinds to people like me who enjoy cooking, but, quite frankly, don't have a clue what we're up to.

Here is the link to the Chef To Go website.

A co-worker of mine called me today, asking if I was interested in participating in a class this coming Saturday. I didn't get much more information than that because I had to decline because I am working this Saturday.

When I had a chance, though, I went in on the website to see what sort of courses are offered. It seems that there are Saturday Seminars, where you start preparing a meal at 9 a.m. with your group. At 4 p.m., you go home to get ready for dinner, and return at 7.30 p.m. with a guest to enjoy the meal the group prepared that day. Sounds kinda nifty, I think!

There are other, multi-week courses on all kinds of topics, from vegetarian cooking to appetizers and tapas to methods and techniques.

There are some I would love to have the time to do. I don't right now, but maybe you do, and if so, here is something you might enjoy! If I ever do get the opportunity to do one of these courses or seminars, I will definitely be here to tell about it!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!