Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ranting & roaring for two solid months

Today, March 9th, marks the two-month anniversary of the start of my blog!

Today's post is the 80th post I've written. There are some that are good, and some that are better, and possibly one or two that are kinda so-so, but every post is like my 'brainchild' (God help it!) and therefore I will never admit to any being not so great! You'll just have to make that call yourself, and not tell me about it! :-)

I've learned a lot in this past two months about the whole blogging process. The most significant thing I learned is that it's not easy. It was a little easier when I was working on the ship, and had a lot more time to devote to it, mulling ideas over and considering topics to write about. It's a whole lot harder to do that now, holding down a regular job where I actually have to work!

That said, so far, I have not missed a day. I really feel the pressure to not miss a day, too. Not that I expect people will be clamoring at my inbox, feeling let down. Not quite! I started this blog as a personal project, to please myself and to document day to day happenings and events to look back on. By not posting something everyday, even some insignificant something, I feel like I'll be letting myself down. So I will continue to try to meet the challenge, and hope that more often than not, there'll be something more-or-less worth posting!

I'm going to have to get in the habit of jotting down ideas when they occur to me. My sister and I were at the Avalon Mall last Thursday, and I remember we were talking about something as we were walking through the Mall, and I said to myself, "there's a topic I can sink my teeth into", but of course, by the time we got home, I'd forgotten what it was! So, there's the sad reality - a classic rant, lost in the cobwebby corners of my mind.

Thank you to those who have popped by now and then to see what's here. As I write this, I'm only 6 visits away from 1,000 page hits, which is amazing to me! It doesn't count my own visits, if you were thinking that!! HA!!

There is one rant I haven't tackled yet, that I plan to address one day. It is about my feelings regarding the use of the term "newfie". I don't capitalize the word, as it is nowhere near being a PROPER noun, in my very hard and fast opinion. I am just waiting to be sufficiently motivated and have the time it would require to do that particular topic justice. And maybe, if the term disappears off the face of the Earth, I won't feel the need, but somehow, I don't see that happening anytime soon. In actual fact, it was my desire to have a forum to sufficiently rant about this (which Facebook does not provide) that inspired me to start this blog in the first place. One day, one day, I will take it on.

In the meantime, thanks again to you who have been among the 1,000 visitors here! I hope you have found something of interest among the sarcastic, amusing, sentimental, culinary and hair-pulling rants that have spewed forth from my idle fingertips. I hope that you will continue to grace this site with your presence from time to time in the future.

Thank you!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here! Just keep 'em clean, that's all I ask. I welcome differing opinions, but it IS my blog... I'm going to have the last word!!